On an area of just over 30,000 ha, Champagne produced each year just over 300 million bottles of Champagne is produced by only three grape varieties:
• Chardonnay: great finesse, he has found that one in Champagne blanc de blancs. Champagnes from Chardonnay champagnes are lightweight, champagne blanc de blancs is very pleasant as an aperitif. Sales of champagne blanc de blancs is increasing every year.
• Pinot Meunier: More fruit, it gives the bouquet of champagne and roundness.
• Pinot Noir: He gives full-bodied champagne, wine-colored. Alone in a champagne, it gives rise to champagne blanc de noirs. A champagne whose sale is more important.
These three varieties are grown on just over 300 municipalities:
- The greatest champagnes champagnes come from the Grands Crus, only 17 products in common.
- The next 44 communes that produce champagnes premiers crus.
- All other champagnes are produced on the 250 other municipalities.
Champagne exports represent about 40% of the production of champagne, the largest importer of champagne is the United Kingdom.